Don’t forget the basics – candidate sourcing tips
Never be afraid to go back to basics, in fact, going back to basics is something that we should all do from time to time. It can be all too easy to for us to forget the foundations of our understanding and this is also true when it comes to recruitment. Research and thoroughness is being replaced with uninformed hiring that ultimately brings under-qualified people into the organisation.
Webrecruit Ireland can help you eliminate any recruiting mistakes, or misjudged hires with our thorough and efficient candidate searches and screening services.
Here are Webrecruit Ireland’s top 4 candidate sourcing tips to remember.
1. Research what’s need for the role – this involves research, you need the right title, the right skills and the right experience while at the same time ensuring that the company is positioned as a good place to work.
2. Know where to look – there are an endless number of job-seekers online so it is important that you are targeting the correct people by using the correct platforms. This again will involve some research and a certain degree of trial and error.
3. CV Selection – Your approach to going through CVs may vary depending on the number you have to get through but it is a good idea to be thorough, as you may end up dismissing some potentially great candidates. It’s also important to check your own CV database, as the perfect candidate for this role may already be there.
4. Get back to good candidates quickly – if you know you have found the perfect candidate then snap them up as soon as you can. Remember that your company may not be the candidate’s only option. It is for this reason that you should also review CVs as and when they come in as you might find the perfect hire could be the first CV you look at, but if you wait weeks to contact them for an interview and weeks after that to make them an offer then you might find that they will slip through your fingers.
If you found this advice to be useful then remember that Webrecruit Ireland can offer simple and effective recruitment solutions that will take the hassle out of your recruitment process. Feel free to contact a member of the team if you would like to know more.
- The Art of Recruitment (officefiction.com)
- Points To Consider When Choosing A Recruitment Agency (itemploymentagencies.wordpress.com)
- The Future of Hiring? (bootcampmilitaryfitnessinstitute.wordpress.com)
- Confessions of a Tech Recruiter (interview) (venturebeat.com)