Group interviews often involve a work-simulation exercise, such as a problem-solving activity, to test candidates’ leadership and teamwork skills. The exercise is typically accompanied by questions about the exercise, as well as more traditional interview questions.
Below are questions one might be asked during a group interview. The list includes general questions an interviewer (or panel of interviewers) might ask a candidate, as well as questions an interviewer would ask regarding a work-simulation exercise.
Group Interview Questions: General Questions
- How would your colleagues describe you?
- How would you describe yourself?
- What interested you in our company?
- How do you work in a team?
- Describe your career history and future goals in 30 seconds.
Questions Asked After Work-Simulation Exercises
- What made this team work successfully?
- Who would you hire from your group? Why?
- What was your personal contribution to the team’s performance?
- Why did this team struggle to accomplish the objective?
- How did you deal with the stress created by meeting the challenges?