Living & Working in Europ – Family Members

Family members

When an EU national is working abroad in another EU country, family members also have the right to reside and work in that country, regardless of their nationality. Children have the right to be educated there.

The right to reside

Administrative formalities:

The right to work

Family members:

  • do not need a work permit to work, even if they are non-EU nationals.
  • have the right to equal treatment, including access to all social and tax advantages.

The right to education

Children of EU nationals working abroad in another EU country:

  • have the right to education in the host country, whatever their nationality, on the same terms as nationals of that country
  • must also be given the same access to study grants.


This entry was posted in Job Seekers Welcome and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s