Ireland’s largest independent energy provider Energia will create 100 new jobs within the next 12 months as part of its planned entry into the residential electricity and gas market.
Part of the major energy company Viridian Group, Energia has pioneered competition in the Irish energy market since 1999 and currently provides power and gas to over 65,000 business customers nationwide.
Energia will enter the residential market early in 2014 with a significantly discounted electricity and gas offering for customers.
Based in Dublin and Cork, the new jobs will be in the management, sales, marketing and operational areas of the business. Energia has already recruited 20 of the new positions as part of its residential market preparations.
Marking the company’s appreciation of its business customer base, Energia today also launched a special residential affinity scheme for its 65,000 business customers. Individual staff of all current Energia business customers can register their home for the new residential offer. Energia is contacting its business customers with details.
Gary Ryan, Retail Director, Energia said, “Energia has consistently led the development of a competitive energy market, investing nationally in energy infrastructure and bringing our lower energy prices to Irish businesses. Our current customers have been strong advocates of our business and we are delighted to provide them with this residential opportunity. We are very pleased to create these new jobs as we plan our further growth and development into the wider residential market .”
Posted on Monday, 11 November 2013 – http://www.energia.ie/news/news_details.aspx?id=247
- Energia to create 100 new jobs (independent.ie)
- Energia buys NI wind farms, giving energy provider possible 53MW boost (siliconrepublic.com)
- Energia Invests Additional €100m In 62MW Of Wind Power (economicvoice.com)
- Has the Bord Gais sale run out of energy? (independent.ie)
- Energia to enter domestic gas and electricity market (irishtimes.com)
- Energia adds 100 new roles to help take on the residential energy market (siliconrepublic.com)