Aon hiring 30 people at innovation and analytics centre in Dublin
Provider of risk management and other services Aon is creating 30 new highly skilled jobs at its centre for innovation and analytics in Dublin, which opened in 2008 and already employs 100 people.
The innovation and analytics team in Dublin has designed and developed the world’s largest proprietary platform of insurance placement data.
The ability to analyse this data on behalf of clients gives Aon a unique competitive edge globally, according to Constantin Beier, CEO of the Aon Centre for Innovation and Analytics.
Employing 600 people in total in Ireland, Aon plans to recruit the 30 new people by March 2014. The new roles will strengthen ACIA’s expertise in the domains of IT specifically in data warehousing, database management, application development, business intelligence and data visualisation as well as in data science – in the areas of statistics, data modelling and predictive analytics.
Barry O’Leary, CEO IDA Ireland commented on the investment: “Aon’s Centre for Innovation and Analytics is at the cutting edge of providing analytics to the insurance industry and strengthens Ireland’s reputation as a location for research and development in the international insurance sector. The area of analytics is a key strategic focus in IDA’s Horizon 2020 strategy.”
- Aon to create 30 BI and analytical jobs in Dublin (siliconrepublic.com)
- Launch for data analytics centre Insight puts the focus on ‘big’ (siliconrepublic.com)
- Look Inside: An insight into working at Aon’s Centre for Innovation and Analytics (siliconrepublic.com)
- Insight data centre to create 300 research jobs (independent.ie)
- Indian firms create 75 Dublin jobs (roscreajobclub.wordpress.com)
- Aon to create 30 jobs at Dublin innovation centre (irishtimes.com)